Thursday, February 05, 2009

pomes of buddy don: The Eight Figure Feast


The Eight Figure Feast

Let us all cry now our crocodile tears
As we hear of the wrenching travails
That poor wealthy CEOs and their peers
Must face as if they were beds of sharp nails.

For if they want help from the US of A
They have to face limits on how much they make —
A mere half a million is too much you say?
For them it’s just like a massive earthquake.

For they’ve planned their lives around their paycheck,
The same way that all of us have to do,
And could we imagine the fiscal train wreck
We’d face if our pay went from twenty to two?

They’ve now lost millions, on paper at least:
Could this be the end of the eight-figure feast?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon

Hope there is not too much snow where you are! Just wanted to write a quick message about how cool I think electronic greetings cards are! There are so many people that don't really agree with sending e-cards, I think maybe they feel that it is a lazy way to send a greeting, and are more in favor of the traditional way of buying a 'real' card, and sticking a stamp on it and popping it in the post.
However, I think this is one of those cases of 'don't knock it till you've tried it', I am a fan of electronic greetings cards. A lot of my computer wiz kid mates introduced me to e-cards, and that is how I began using them. I think when you try something new, you are recommended it by word of mouth, and that is exactly what happened to me.
I have recently been sending my friends a Happy Birthday e-Card greeting when they are at work! They just said it was a really idea and that it brightens up their day. I have tried quite a lot of e-Card sites, and I have now found a really cool Free Happy Birthday Day e-Card site that I really like. This particular site has an awesome application where you can upload a photograph of yourself and incorporate it into your card. This is such a clever idea, and adds that personal touch, and as I already mentioned this particular site is totally free. I think e-Cards are definitely worth a try, they are not for everyone, but I am becoming a fan! Just wanted to share my findings with you all.Hope you find this useful, Have a good rest of your afternoon, Nicole.