Wednesday, December 14, 2005

readin of buddy don: isaac asimov

i gut a good friend that runs a website name of thinking meat, witch ye kin see i dun putt it on my list of favert blogs a while ago. hes one of the smartest folks i know n even tho we live in differnt places, we talk often a nuff to make friends. it heps that we wurk together, so to speak. so mos everday we have a chat sesshun a'gone.

sumtime back he tole me one of his favert authors wuz isaac asimov. i been a fan of scifi fer years, but fer sum reason, whenever i furst tride readin asimov back in my junyer hi skool daze, i dint find it my cup of tea, so to speak.

sos ye kin judge my luv of the books im fixin to list, ye should know i tuck that test at the lank on scifi above n heres how it turnt out:

Which Fantasy/SciFi Character Are You?

in case yer curyas, i aint that purty nor that good by inny way ye could reckun it, but i do purty good on tests.

innywho, i finely deecided to dip my toe back into sum asimovian waters. i wuz partly moved by my friends good taste n brains, but whut really gut me goin wuz larnin that The Foundation Trilogy had beat out The Lord of the Rings for an award.

but whar do ye start ifn ye wonta git everthang that leads up to the novel name of Foundation? i started at I, Robot, witch thats a book of short stories. i wuznt all that impressd on a counta how it seemed lack the stories wuz logick games n the care acketers wuz not well drawn or deeveloped. but my friend sed fer me not to give up. lucky fer me, i dint!

heres the order ye orta use to read them books. i promiss, twood be one of the grate readin eggsperientses of yer life ifn ye go thru em all. i wish i could doot agin. when i git more time, i hope to rite a bit bout the flossofy asimov deevelops in them books. meanwhile, ye kin jes enjoy em!
  1. I, Robot (1950)
  2. The Caves of Steel (1954)
  3. The Naked Sun (1956)
  4. The Robots of Dawn (1983)
  5. Robots and Empire (1985)
  6. Pebble in the Sky (1950)
  7. The Stars Like Dust (1951)
  8. The Currents of Space (1952)
  9. Prelude to Foundation (1988)
  10. Forward the Foundation (1993)
  11. Foundation (1951)
  12. Foundation and Empire (1952)
  13. Second Foundation (1953)
  14. Foundation's Edge (1982)
  15. Foundation and Earth (1986)
whut a ride! i hope ye git a chants to take it.

No comments: