Monday, January 14, 2008

mazemint of buddy don: them kids


yesterdy twuz my 56th burthdy, witch far as i kin tell, them fifties is the best of the decades we git (so far). we had a lil git together yesterdy, witch all them kids cum over ceptn vaclav, who hes still stuck in the czech republick hopin he kin git back here or that jack kin move thar. ye caint hardly magin my mazemint whenever they give me a present that all of em -- loretta n n paddy, jack n vaclav, tony n his gurlfrien sarah -- had dun gut together to git me one of them wii video games fer yer tv. i had been kindly thankin bout how one of em mite be fun cumpard to other kinds of game thangees, n i reckun i musta bin a'thankin out loud. i ast miz bd had she tole em i wonted such a thang, but she pled ignernts, so i musta spoke out moren i real eyesed.

innywho, me n miz bd stayed up a lil too long playin with the thang, rite down to the point of havin a few sore mussels this mornin.

ceptn fer the colts a'losin thar playoff game, my burthdy wuz bout as purrfeck as one kin git!

by the way, buck of tete-a-tete-a-tete lef a commint bout how he wuz bout to turn fifty his own self n how he figgerd he wuz in the 4th qtr of his life. heres whut mz bd had to say bout it: 'buck, sir, thays a hole lot more football lef to be played ... n have ye notissd how overtime sumtimes lasts longer than the game?"

i will repeat myself here: even tho i am barrly half way thru, them fifties is the best decade yet ...

oh, and thays one other thang to reeport: i had to turn on commint moderayshun on a counta sum spammer a'usin my commints to store links to vile websites, witch twill take me a lil while to clean up the mess that wuz made ...

(ifn ye wonta make a comment, ye gut to click on 'link' below.)

3 comments:

red molly said...

Glad you had a fun family birthday. I agree with you about the 50's...they are great years.

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Happy birthday, Buddy Don!!
I'm glad to hear you say that the decade of our 50's is the best because I'm headed for the big 5-0 myself this year ;~)

Glad you had such a great day!

Anonymous said...

.... a very, very happy birthday, hillbilly.... may you have many more!...

Eric