Wednesday, May 16, 2007

pomes of buddy don: The Sick Man


The Sick Man

The man was having surgery and knew
He would be far too sick to play his role –
So he did what he knew he had to do
And put the number two man in control.

The sick man had already shown his hand
When he refused to bless the wire taps
For law was one thing he could understand
Although his illness caused him to collapse.

Though many have condemned his prudish ways –
As when he clothed a statue’s too bare breast
I write today to offer him my praise
For what I’ve read has left me much impressed

For even presidential hatchet men
Could not convince the sick man to give in.

(ifn ye wonta make a comment, ye gut to click on 'link' below.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish the rest of them weren't so sick.
Anne J.

Anonymous said...

A very well constructed and poignant poem, reflecting on the important problems of our gov't.

Thanks!

Michele